Safeguarding is of the upmost importance to the staff and Governors of Woodcocks' Well Ce (VA) Primary School.
Orr Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Mrs Stephanie Beckett - Headteacher
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Mrs Johnanne McKie - Senior Mental Health Lead.
You can read our safeguarding policy on our policy section.
Cheshire East has a Local Safeguarding Children Board which can be accessed here.
We have compiled a list of useful links and resources, available here. Please keep checking back because they will be updated regularly.
Useful Phone Numbers
If you live in Cheshire and have an immediate concern that a child is neglected or at risk, call ChECS (Cheshire East Consultation Service) on 0300 123 5012 (option 2) or, if it is outside office hours, 0300 123 5022.
If you live in Staffordshire, you can contact Staffordshire County Council's First Response Service on 0800 13 13 126 during office hours.
Childline: 0800 1111
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
PANTS Campaign - advice for chilren on how to stay safe from abuse: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/
- Act on it now - https://www.actonitnow.org.uk/ Learn about what healthy, unhealthy and toxic relationships look like. Get help if you’re worried about your own relationship or someone else’s. A site developed for young people, by young people.
- CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection) - report online abuse directly to the National Crime Agency: https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
ParentInfo - a collaboration between Parent Zone and NCA-CEOP, providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations: https://parentinfo.org/
- O2 and NSPCC - advice and guidance on how to keep children safe online. O2 will help you set up parental controls on children's devices no matter what network you are on: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/nspcc
- NSPCC Share Aware - information for parents about keeping children safe online: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/
- Think u know - information for children about how to stay safe online: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
RESPONSES TO TRAUMATIC EVENTS
Unfortunately from time to time events in the news, either nationally or locally will have an impact on children. Advice on how to respond to these tragic events is contained below:
- Advice if you’re upset by the news (Newsround): https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/13865002
- Supporting children worried about terrorism (NSPCC): https://www.nspcc.org.uk/whatwe-do/news-opinion/supporting-children-worried-about-terrorism
Live Well Cheshire East has lots of information and links to services. Click here to be redirected to their page
We are with you.
Provide free, confidential support to people experiencing issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health. Click here for more information.
NEWCASTLE (STAFFS) FOOD BANK INFORMATION - HOW TO GET HELP
If you need help from our food bank there are a few simple steps to follow. Click here to find out more information.